- Added support for STIM3A Dynamic Mode, update for
- Now reads BLASTER environment string,
to get base address
(and mixer address, if different).
- Allows A:M parameter to
provide mixer address for
second PnP card that has no BLASTER string.
- Now accepts I:9 parameter
(or I9 from BLASTER) which is
equivalent to IRQ 2.
- If no board is found on start-up, the error report
now shows the address that was tried.
- Attenuation controls for
DAC output levels have
been modified to eliminate large clicks when
changing between levels below 60 dB
(45 dB on
CT417x ViBRA / WavEffects). Similar clicks for
synth levels below 77 dB also eliminated.
- Bug Fix: Stimulus Source
no longer allows
Synth/StGen toggle unless STIM3 module is present.
- Bug Fix: Under some conditions, after active Synth
output was forced off by Stimulus Source toggle to
StGen, it would not resume after toggle back to
Synth (and toggling Master Outputs
back On) until
synth channel Level was changed.
- Bug Fix: Under some conditions, if D: and H: were
set the same on CT417x (ViBRA / WavEffects) models,
full duplex operation was not properly disabled
and an erroneous DAC DMA level was reported on the
ALT-H summary screen.
- Initial OPL3 Synth
Levels now properly set to OFF,
as indicated. Was actually -60 dB
changed. (Master Outputs,
Left and Right Outputs
were always Off as shown.)
- On Quit, mixer is now
reset to force all output
levels to OFF.
- Adjusted data queue defaults for compatibility with
Daqarta version 1.13.
- Attenuators calibrated in finer steps for CT417x
ViBRA / WavEffects models: 1.5 dB for
for OPL3 Synth outputs.
(Prior versions used steps
of other models erroneously.)
- New O:V Output parameter
allows undocumented +6 dB
OPL3 output boost on CT417x models.
- When Trigger Pulse or
Free-run is active during
Sequential mode, sweeps are
no longer interrupted
by keyboard activity. This preserves proper
times and stimulus output.
IntCr option allows
- Improved handling of infrequent
in Sequential mode.
- Improved Trigger Pulse alignment with
for CT417x models when using stereo 16-bit DACs at
high sample rates. (Mono, 8-bit, or other models
had no problems.)
- Full duplex
support for CT417x ViBRA / WavEffects
models, which allow simultaneous 16-bit ADC inputs
and 16-bit DAC outputs.
- Bug Fix: External Trigger
mode corrupted one or
more "random" bytes of Daqarta configuration data,
resulting in unstable operation or possible system
- Precision sample rate accuracy,
with option for
(Prior rates were reported 0.1%
higher than actual.)
- Changed B: parameter now uses B:Dn
to set DAC Bits
instead of full Duplex, which is automatic if
- N:M parameter now allows
for Mic input with
inverted polarity relative to Line and CD inputs.
- Main board menu now always displays
ADC Bits and
Stimulus source controls,
active only as allowed.
- Improved stability for Sequential mode
generation across wider CPU speed range.
- Better automatic D:, H:, and I:
for PnP models.
- Discussion of
low-frequency response measurement via
step response time constant.
- Full Duplex version,
requires Daqarta v1.12 or
above. Adds new Stimulus and
DAC Output controls,
plus DAC Bits display.
B: parameter enhanced to
allow B:Dn activation of full Duplex mode.
- G: parameter now allows G:An
form to set All gains
except microphone to the same value, for overall
calibration differences between models.
- N: parameter supports boards with
and / or DAC data polarity.
- Q: parameter added to support
longer data buffers
on future models.
- X: parameter to eXclude bad
sample rates on early
DSP versions now defaults to off (enable all rates)
for DSP versions 4.13 and above.
- When OPL3 synthesizer or
STIM3 Stimulus Generator
is active during Sequential mode, sweeps are no
longer interrupted by keyboard activity. This
preserves proper Cycle times
and stimulus output.
IntCr option allows keyboard priority.
- Maximum OPL3 synthesizer output level
reduced 2 dB
to match maximum full Duplex DAC output level.
- Output levels (OPL3 synthesizer and DACs) now
start at Off instead of -60 dB.
- Bug Fix: Rapid scrolling of
sample rate can no
longer "roll over" to opposite limit.
- Bug Fix: Sequential mode no longer has problems
using certain IRQs with very
long sweeps (due to
long Cycle times, large
negative Trigger Delays,
or waits for trigger in
Norm Trigger Mode).
- Bug Fix: Changes made to certain main Daqarta
(or STIM3) controls while
Paused now take effect
properly after unPause.
- Bug Fix: Sequential mode sometimes showed trigger
jitter with certain OPL3 synthesizer settings on
- Bug Fix: With OPL3 Burst or
Gap mode set but
Master Outputs Off, trigger
sync now properly
reverts to Trigger menu setting
(Norm Level, etc)
instead of Burst / Gap sync.
Sound Blaster, Sound Blaster 16, Sound Blaster 32, Sound
Blaster 64, ViBRA, and WavEffects are trademarks of
Creative Technology Ltd.