STIM3A REVISION HISTORY:
(Note: Versions are numbered according to the Daqarta
version they were released with.)
- When an Arb Wave is selected, its size
(in samples) is now shown on the
message line, to aid in setting sync
in Arb Step mode.
- Improved accuracy of log/antilog
operations, affecting high frequencies
for Exponential Sweep,
plus Octave and
Music Fstep modes.
- Bug Fix: Use of A:2 parameter to allow
Output dB control with manual
attenuator could cause system crash.
- Bug Fix: When no SB16 attenuator was
present, Output dB values from Setup
file were ignored even if A:1 parameter
was used to force override of default
safety mute. Now A:1 will allow values
up to 6.00 dB to be loaded from Setup.
- Bug Fix: Output dB control erroneously
appeared on systems where only DigOut
was available (LPTX driver).
- Bug Fix: When a Setup file was loaded
that attempted to use outputs not
available on the current system, they
appeared to be active anyway.
- Bug Fix: When Burst Shape (Cos^n) was
changed on one page, the change
appeared to carry over to other pages
even though they really kept their
- Bug Fix: Timing Rand All was only
truly randomizing the generator for one
page, while other pages were
essentially time-shifted versions of
- Bug Fix: Stereo Arb and
were not loaded properly.
- Bug Fix: Arb and
Play Round options
were not rounding properly.
- Bug Fix: When Wave was changed from
one Play file to another Play file, the
Rate was set improperly. Also, Freq
was not restored properly on subsequent
selection of other Wave types.
- Bug Fix: Frequency Step now works with
Play Rate in all modes.
- Bug Fix: Freq adjust was quantizing
when scrolling in Direct Fstep mode.
It now simply applies the specified
step size directly, as indicated.
- Bug Fix: If an error was encountered
while loading a Play file,
memory already filled by that file
would not be properly released.
- Bug Fix: Main Freq Phase adjust was
not properly restoring original value
on escape from scroll.
- Bug Fix: Timing Step size was not
properly set as Sync interval if it was
- Bug Fix: Several entries in the Index
had missing link terminators that
could cause improper operation.
- Cosmetic bug fixes, such as properly
changing 'Freq' control header to
'Timing' in Arb or Play Step mode,
removing spurious double cursor on
Setup Load, etc.
- New Output dB allows
integrated control of SB16 attenuators and STIM3A output
level to give 0.01 dB resolution.
- A: and
parameters added to support Output dB.
- New Sweep Step mode allows "perfect"
frequency response sweeps without
window function errors.
- Interlocks added to prevent certain
output toggle sequences from provoking
'Too many samples!' error.
- Bug Fix: Sample overrun error (due to
excessive sample rate on slow system,
for example) could cause lock-up.
- Bug Fix: Reset On Burst could remain
active after Burst was toggled off to
Cont mode, causing output glitches.
- Bug Fix: Toggling a component page
while that DAC was off caused sync
loss in the other DAC, if active.
- Bug Fix: Phase control had no effect
in Cont mode. Although not a problem
in most cases, it prevented control of
Sweep starting phase.
- Bug Fix: Changes to Sync on Freq or
modulators are now properly flagged as
setup changes, causing a save prompt on
- Bug Fix: Files opened by STIM3A (Arb,
Setup) were not always closed
properly until Quit. Could possibly
have exceeded DOS open file limit.
- Bug Fix: STIM3A menu persisted if
Board was toggled off, now properly
replaced by Virtual Source menu.
- Bug Fix: Use of S:+ parameter
to auto-load a setup file at session start could cause
system lock-up if there was a file error or wrong file
Initial Release 3-1-2001.